Farm Shop & Deli Awards 2018: Expert panel of judges announced
With entries now closed for the 2018 Farm Shop & Deli Awards, it looks like it will be another challenging year for the judging panel to decide the category, regional, newcomer and overall ‘Farm Shop & Deli Retailer of the Year’ finalists and winners. The 2018 awards received over 90 entries across the 12 categories, with 16 also entering the additional ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award, some even opened their doors in 2017!
How consumers can get involved?
The consumer voting is now well underway, with over 2,300 votes already received. This is an important stage of the judging process, which allows customers to vote online for their favourite retailer by Monday 31st October. All the votes will be evaluated by the judges, alongside the retailer’s online entry ahead of the judging day in November, when the deliberations begin to decide the finalists and winners.
Customers can vote for their favourite retailer here.
Meet the 2018 Farm Shop & Deli Awards judges.
In 2018, Farm Shop & Deli Awards will enter their 5th year in recognising the very best standards in the UK’s independent, specialist retail market. With an expert panel of judges joining Nigel Barden, Chair of Judges, the Awards will celebrate the highest levels of service, product knowledge, initiative, innovation and community involvement, offered by our heroes of the high-street.
Every November, Chair of Judges Nigel Barden, food & drink broadcaster/journalist, and Co-chair of Judges, Elaine Lemm, national food & travel writer, are joined by experts from the world of speciality retail, fine food and food media to form the Farm Shop & Deli Awards judging panel.
This year the judging panel includes:
• Anthony and Sue Johns, Johns of Instow, 2015 winner ‘Farm Shop & Deli Retailer of the Year’
• Jamie Hall, UK Retail and Rest of World Market Sales for Neale’s Yard Dairy
• Jon May, Managing Director of Fabulous Food & Drink
• Niel Nugent, Head of Product Development for Iceland Foods
• Victoria Robertshaw, Co-Owner of Keelham Farm Shop and 2017 Retailer of the Year winner
• Holly Shackleton, Editor Speciality Food
• John Gill, Head of Commercial Operations and Buyer at Booths
• Martin Hesp, Editor-at-large and food & drink editor, Western Morning News
• Simon Hurley, Managing Director, Olives Et Al
• Vince Bamford, Editor, British Baker
Find out more about the full panel of judges at farmshopanddelishow.co.uk/awards-supporters/2018-judges
- ends -
For information about the awards or for further photos and images, please contact Antonia Green on 01293 610235, email@example.com.