The Farm Shop & Deli Awards, in partnership with The Grocer and sponsored by Garofalo and Food & Drink Wales, celebrate the highest levels of service, product knowledge, initiative, innovation and community involvement, offered by our heroes of the high-street and are judged by a panel that includes experts from the world of speciality retail, fine food and food media.
Joining Chair of Judges Nigel Barden and Co-chair of Judges Elaine Lemm for the 2021 judges line-up are:
• Amy North, Editor at British Baker
• Anthony and Sue Johns, Owners, Johns of Appledore and Instow
• Arthur Howell, Owner, Arthur Howells Butchers
• Caroline Glover, Farm Shop Manager at Cannon Hall Farm Shop
• Debbie Edge, Owner, Edge & Son butchers
• Henry Sandercock, Fresh Foods Reporter at The Grocer
• Hero Hirsh, Brand Manager, Paxton & Whitfield
• Holly Shackleton, Editor at Speciality Food
• John Gill, Head of Trading and Marketing for Booths
• Jon May, Managing Director, Fabulous Food & Drink
• Neil Nugent, Director at BullDogFish Ltd Panku Foods and Kulaba Kitchen Ltd
• Nikki Storrar, Owner, Ardross Farm Shop
• Richard Nicholson, Owner, Cannon Hall Farm Shop
• Simon Hurley, Managing Director, P2P Food Solutions
• Victoria Robertshaw, Founder, Keelham Farm Shop & Delicious Planet Consultancy
Read more about our judges here.
During October the Farm Shop & Deli Awards invited judges, consumers and suppliers to nominate their favourite specialist retailer, who deserve recognition in their region for their community support this year.
What a response they received! Nearly 900 nominations for over 350 individual retailers flooded in with some wonderful and heart-felt comments, take a look below at just some of the nominations:
“Ben and Ella’s Farm Shop started free local deliveries and isolation boxes making it significantly easier to cope with lock down and, by doing joint deliveries with the butchery, that was our shopping sorted. They have been a real asset to the community.”
“Going from 1 full time employee to 10 to keep up with demand, Bert’s employed those who'd lost their income overnight plus raising money to send food hampers to NHS staff in local hospitals. They provided a life-line to the local community in a time of great need. We're so proud of them!”
“While making sure their amazing deli remained safe for customers to visit, Forest Deli also provided a delivery service to those shielding and self isolating. They also collaborated with other local food shops to deliver their goods to customers unable to get to them. They have been a beacon of reassurance and hope during this tough time. An amazing team and an amazing shop.”
Read more of the nominations we received here.
The Awards team are now contacting all nominated retailers to invite them to enter free before 31st December. They can enter through a very easy online entry form, by answering just 2 quick questions and uploading a photo.
The Awards are free to enter. However, to be able to recognise the challenges retailers have overcome and the achievements this year has brought them, the judges need to hear about this. So if you are a worthy retailer, whether nominated or not, you’re encouraged to enter and can do so here.