A new format for the 2021 Awards
Over the last few months we have heard so many wonderful stories on how retailers have gone above and beyond to help their customers, staff, suppliers and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. These range from introducing new online ordering processes, drive-thru farm shops, home deliveries, sourcing local suppliers and offering opening hours dedicated to key-workers and ‘at-risk’ customers – to name just a few.
That’s why the 2021 Awards are doing things a little differently by looking to shine the spotlight on those retailers who deserve recognition in their region for their community support.
The key changes and timings are:
- For 2021 the Awards are placing more emphasis on how specialist retailers have adapted their business and supported their community, staff and suppliers this year, rather than focusing on financial success.
- The retailers will be judged by their region, and not category. Take a look at the regions here.
- The Awards are encouraging consumers and suppliers to nominate retailers worthy of winning via an online nomination form by 31st October, with a chance to win a foodie hamper from Fortnum & Mason. Nominations for our 2020 Awards are now closed. We received an amazing 877 nominations, take a look at just some of the wonderful stories shared with us from customers and suppliers here.
- Nominated retailers will then be contacted in November and invited to enter via a quick and easy online entry form.
- They’ll need to provide their contact information, upload an image of their team or shop front and answer 2 simple questions to tell the judges why they’re a worthy winner by 14th January. Take a look at the questions and tips on answering here.
- However, retailers do not need to wait to be nominated and can enter themselves by the same online entry form from 1st October and by 14th January 2021.
- Entries for our 2021 Awards closed 14th January and will re open for the 2022 Awards later this year.
- All shortlisted entrants will be revealed in early January 2021 and invited to attend the ‘winners announcement’ on Monday 5th July. They will announced on the Awards website and via email and Social Media.
- Take a look at the 2021 Shortlisted entrants by clicking on the button below:
- The Award’s judges will score all online entries in January and February to determine the regional ‘Commended Retailers’ and ‘Best in Region winners’.
- This year there will not be a consumer voting stage, judges visits or overall ‘Retailer of the Year Award’ for the 2021 Awards.
- Instead, ‘Commended’ and ‘Best in Region winners’ will be celebrated at the winners announcement live from the Farm Shop & Deli Show, NEC Birmingham on Monday 5th July, culminating in a wonderful celebration of the speciality sector. Find out more about the show here.